Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Nimbus on Tanque Verde

To say that I was excited about the new Nimbus opening would be an understatement. When I heard that a Micro-Brewery was opening on the east side of town I started having flash backs of the good food and beer that we would get we would go to the ones in Colorado and Wyoming. It brought back great memories of Gorgonzola and beer soup and the huge Nachos and a tasty port that we use to get on the cold days in the middle of winter in the mid west.

We had a chance to get over to Nimbus recently and sadly I was not impressed with the food. The beer and food prices weren't bad, nothing on the menu was over $9, but the food left a lot to be desired. I guess I should not have been that surprised though, I heard before we went that Nimbus partnered with Metro Restaurants to open the new location.
 Nimbus provides the beer and Metro is responsible for the food. If you look at the Metro Restaurants the only two that I have liked is McMahons, very expensive but the steak was delicious, and the Firecacker grill which is now closed, man do I miss their Wasabi Chicken.

For starters we tried the Monkey Rings, fried jalapeƱos, and Beer Bites which were bite size pieces of pizza dough, not too bad but they were way to garlicky. For dinner we shared the Stromboli, it was more than big enough for my wife after the appetizers. Some of our friends with us had the pizza, which also had the same problem with garlic, and the quesadilla, which looked really good and I did not hear any complaints about.

Hopefully Nimbus management will take some of the advice that was given that night and improve their menu, other wise it could become another victim to the curse of restaurants that have occupied that location, going all the way back to when Bobby McGee’s was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment